Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 1: Feeling Creative

Today, I completed something I've wanted to do for over a year: repaint this old mirror.  It used to be an antique gold color and while I loved its shape, I absolutely hated the color.  My style is slightly modern, mostly comfortable, with a hint of the unexpected.  Or at least that's what I think it is :)  I decided to use a "stone" color, hoping to ultimately get a wrought iron-like look.  I was quite impressed with the final outcome.  I plan on placing the mirror on the wall behind my front door.  

The past few days, I have been on a mission to hang artwork in my apartment.  One caveat: I can't spend any money on new artwork, so I'm stuck having to utilize whatever I can find around my apartment.  It is amazing how a few pieces on the wall can turn a cold apartment into a cozy home.  The more pieces I hang, the more I feel I am finally getting a better idea of my true style.  In all of my other apartments, I rarely ever hung artwork.  I would never be satisfied with cheap pieces from homegoods stores, so I would inevitably end up going without.

No comments:

Post a Comment