Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 2: Getting Organized

I've been going non-stop all day long.  Some days you just wake up with a burst of energy and, lucky for me, today was one of those days.  Or maybe it was me stepping on the scale and realizing that somehow, despite my dieting, I had gained a pound.  Whatever the reason, I was in the mood to get my body moving.  I organized my closets and am STILL doing laundry (I started 7+ hours ago and I've barely made a dent in the pile).  I haven't been able to see the floor in my closet since Halloween, so it was definitely about time I did something.  

While organizing my laundry piles, it hit me just how many items of clothing I own.  I always am jealous of all the stylish clothes my friends wear and end up consoling myself with the thought that I spend more money on home items while they spend more on clothes.  However, as I looked at everything I had thrown into piles in my closets over the years, I was amazed at just how many great items I owned.  Granted, due to weight gain, I can't fit into everything at the moment, but I'm hoping to get my weight back down very soon.  Nevertheless, it was just nice to look at everything and realize I do have style, albeit more classic than some, and that I haven't appreciated how much I really have until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment